DCAI Foundation expands upon the current services offered by our parent company, DCAI, and provides additional programs and services that give individuals with disabilities the choice to maintain independence in their homes and communities. We envision an inclusive environment that values independence and self-determination to the fullest extent possible for persons of all abilities.
The DCAI Foundation In-Home Services Program is an Agency-driven model of personal care and homemaker services. Agency-driven means that DCAI Foundation employs the Home Care Aides and sets the schedules to deliver services to the Client. Clients are required to sign daily (if using paper timesheets) to verify the Home Care Aide was in the home and provided services.
To be eligible for Home and Community Based In-Home Services through DCAI Foundation you must:
- Be at least 18 years of Age
- Be MoHealthNet Active
- Meet Nursing Home Level of Care (currently 21 pts), and;
- Have unmet personal care needs
Services are determined and authorized by the Department of Health and Senior Services and include assistance with the following:
Personal Care Services:
- Self Admin of Medications
- Meals/Dishes/ Cleaning Kitchen
- Household Cleaning
- Making the Bed and/or Changing the Linens
- Shopping/Errands (Aides are NOT allowed to transport Client’s)
- Essential Correspondence
Authorized Nurse Visits:
- Fill Insulin Syringes
- Fill a One Week Medication Planner
- Nail-Care for Diabetics or other Medically Contraindicating Conditions
- General Health Evaluations
Respite Care – Non-Skilled Needs:
- Supervision during service delivery to ensure safety of the client; and
- Assistance with meeting essential needs
If you are interested in DCAI Foundation’s In-Home Services please give us a call at 573-244-5510. We would be happy to serve you.